When starting the application process, please review Information and Tips below. PLEASE NOTE NEW ELIGIBILITY INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. New or returning users may log on by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
Information and Tips
Applications: There are three different application options available. To preview a sample application, click the appropriate link in the description below. To start an application, please click the link at the bottom of the page to begin.
- Carrie Estelle Doheny Foundation Grant Program: Select for Programs, Projects or for General Operating. Click here to preview a sample application.
- Carrie Estelle Doheny Foundation Capital Requests: Select for Construction or Technology Projects over $50,000. Funding may not be requested for endowments. The Foundation seldom participates in capital campaigns, and then only with organizations with whom the Foundation has a long relationship. Capital requests are considered annually in October; applications should be submitted by August 1. Click here to preview a sample application.
- Carrie Estelle Doheny Foundation Campership Program: Select for summer camp scholarships. Campership requests are reviewed annually each spring. Applicants may submit in January or February to meet the February 23 application deadline. Click here to preview a sample application.
Eligibility: *NEW: PLEASE READ * Starting in 2018, the Board of Directors will grant requests by thematic areas of funding. Please review the Eligibility Guidelines to find which month most closely matches the theme of your organization’s work and note the corresponding application deadline. Review Eligibility Criteria to confirm qualifications for application.
Site visits: Site visits are a regular part of the evaluation process. An applicant may be contacted by Foundation staff to arrange a visit that may last about an hour.
Dates and notification: The grant review process can take up to three months. Applications are reviewed by the Board the last Friday of the month, except September. Applicants are notified in writing of the Board’s decision.
Internet Browsers: The application can be viewed from most web browsers, but Firefox and Chrome currently offer the best compatibility. The online system no longer supports versions of Internet Explorer older than IE 9.
Saving a Draft: Work is automatically saved every 20 minutes, but may also be saved manually by clicking “Save as Draft” at the bottom of the application page that allows applicants to log off and log back in to continue working later.
Abandoning an Application: To withdraw an application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org the name of your organization stating that you will not be submitting. Applications left in draft for over 60 days will automatically be abandoned.
Document upload tips:
- Finalizing upload: Documents will not appear as uploaded until “Save” is chosen
- File Size: There are size limitations to documents for uploads. The document maximum size is specified near the upload button. Document size can be decreased by removing pictures/graphics before uploading.
- Deleting or Replacing Uploads: To change/replace an upload, click “Browse” and choose the new upload, then click “Save.” The old document will be overwritten.
- Uploading multiple documents: Only one document upload is allowed per question. If you have multiple files, combine them into one document before uploading.
- Formatting: PDF is the recommended file format, although Word or Excel may also be uploaded.